Keith 5-2 Lossiemouth – SHFL – 19th October 2013

Keith and Lossiemouth served up a second consecutive 7-goal thriller at Kynoch Park but there were no heroics from Lossie this time out, as Keith raced into a 5-0 lead with time to spare before Kevin Flett and Grant Mitchell reduced the deficit.

Lossiemouth started with Glen Fraser in goal in place of the injured Errol Watson, Darren Bailey started on the bench and Liam Archibald missed out due to illness.

Heavy rain and distant mist made for a miserable afternoon in Keith and a fast start from the hosts threatened to make things worse for a Lossie side, and the first chance of the game went to Jonathan Smith. His shot across the face of goal left Fraser rooted to the spot and the keeper could only watch as the ball fizzed past the base of the post.

Willie Mathers had the next chance, trying his luck from the edge of the box, but Stuart Walker was well positioned to deflect the ball away from goal.Soon after, Bruce Raffell darted into the Lossie area and rattled the crossbar.

Midway through the half Keith took advantage of some careless defending to open the scoring. Jonathan Smith went past Grant Mitchell on the touchline before playing the ball into the area for Callum DINGWALL to sweep past Fraser.

The Maroons doubled their lead minutes before the interval. Jonathan SMITH took possession on the wing and cut inside into the box for lashing a powerful shot through the greasy hands of Fraser.

Half time – Keith 2-0 Lossiemouth

With conditions worsening by the minute, the second half got underway and almost immediately Lossie fell further behind. Andy MacAskill curled a corner towards the near post and the unmarked Callum DINGWALL took advantage of the space to head his side into a three goal lead. The misery was complete before the hour when SMITH bundled home his second goal of the afternoon to put his side four up.

Glen Fraser was keeping the score down at times, pushing wide a one-on-one attempt from Dingwall before saving at the feet of Smith. The best of his saves came when he made a diving save from a Murray McCulloch shot. At the other end, Lossies best chance of the second half so far came when Jordan McBain watched a shot dribble past Kinnaird and agonisingly the far past.

Keith went nap with over twenty minutes to go when Jonathan SMITH completed his hat-trick, thundering a shot into the roof of the net.

As the mist closed in and the rain fell ever heavier, Lossiemouth reduced the deficit with a couple of goals in the closing minutes. The first consolation came from the left foot of Kevin FLETT, who took his frustrations out on the ball and thundered a powerful drive beyond a stationary Kinnaird and in off the underside of the bar. Soon after, a Callum Dunbar free kick forced Kinnaird to make a fine stop at the base of his post, and Scott Wilson was unlucky not to put away the rebound.

Lossie bagged a second goal in the last few seconds of the game when Grant MITCHELL powered home a back post header from a corner, but the late rally was too little too late against a Keith side who had the game won within minutes of the second half starting.

Full time – Keith 5-2 Lossiemouth

One comment

Comments are closed.